|Title:||Director of Community Engagement - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Director of Community Engagement
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm; some flexibility depending on needs. Occasional weekends and evenings required for meetings and events.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Director of Community Engagement designs, organizes, implements, evaluates the programs and strategies related to agency-wide volunteer and in-kind donation centers. Recruitment, hiring, scheduling and training of staff and volunteers for all agency-wide programs and services falls under the Director's purview. The Director of Community Engagement also serves as the primary contact for all volunteers and cultivates new relationships to improve volunteer services and outreach related to VOA Utah’s mission. Polished presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation are vital to compellingly articulate the mission, vision, and exceptional attributes of our organization to a wide variety of donors and volunteers. We expect this person to be collaborative and team oriented and to value diversity of thoughts, backgrounds and perspectives. This position supervises the Community Engagement Managers and Specialists. The schedule for this position requires day hours and occasional evening and weekend hours to cover volunteer group activities, committee meetings and community engagement events that benefit the agency. Serves on VOA Utah’s Special Event Team.
- Oversees VOA Utah volunteer programs at all program locations including the development, administration and implementation of policies and procedures related to volunteers.
- Supervise VOA Utah’s Volunteer Engagement Manager(s) and Specialist’s to engage, train and support staff in all aspects of their positions.
- Recruit, screen, and place volunteers (individuals & groups) throughout the agency and ensure that corporate, individual and community volunteers and donors have a positive and meaningful experience at all VOA program locations.
- Responsible to directly manage volunteers, and/or provide guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers
- Manage database of volunteer information, maintain accurate volunteer files, ensure appropriate background checks occur, track and report volunteer hours.
- Responsible for planning and implementing volunteer recognition activities for all agency volunteers and locations.
- Manage VOA Utah's In-Kind Donation Program for all agency locations; oversee the creation of charitable drives and update the in-kind donation website as required.
- Manages relationships and contracts such as Utah Food Bank, Sysco, Bishops Storehouse, and other vendors as assigned.
- Acts as liaison between the agency and the community, including but not limited to: 1) speaking to community and corporate groups to present on the agency history, needs and volunteer opportunities and 2) volunteers and the agency to ensure that staff are prepared for arrival of volunteer groups and that all necessary tools, resources and materials are readily available and that all staff understand details and expectations
- Organize and implement a volunteer orientation on the agency and its policies and procedures for all volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, communications, marketing, Parks & Recreation, hospitality or a similar field and 3-4 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or volunteer management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative position; non-profit experience preferred.
- Collaborative team player who takes direction well
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer relations skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Maintain Food Handlers Permit.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, database management or CRM preferred.
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record (no DUI within 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years).
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Comfortable interacting in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Work is performed in an office and/or program environment. Must sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Walk up and down stairs and be able to lift 20-25 pounds and maneuver special event equipment via carts etc.
Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; retirement plan with company match.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.