|Title:||Community Engagement Specialist - Paid|
|Department:||Youth Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Community Engagement Specialist - Homeless Youth Resource CenterSchedule: Full time (four 10-hour shifts), benefits-eligible
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $20,000:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Youth Resource Center is host to many large volunteer groups, fundraisers, events, and serves as one of our donation sites. You will serve in a collaborative effort to execute the day-to-day volunteer operations, ensuring a positive volunteer experience and community/agency relationships. Our Youth Resource Center is a refuge for youth ages 15-22 who have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults. Clients at the Youth Resource Center have access to case management, critical resources, every-day necessities, and support..
Effectively engage and coordinate volunteers and maintain community/agency relationships, while assisting with management of Volunteers of America, Utah's in-kind donation program. Under the direction of your Community Engagement Manager, work in cooperation with program staff as the assigned facility and other Community Engagement Specialists and External Relations staff. This position provides volunteer coordination at the Youth Resource Center.
- Develop positive relationships with center volunteers and respond to volunteer inquiries for the agency by the end of the next scheduled shift.
- Conduct center volunteers “meet and greets” as well as tours as required and on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Schedule volunteers for meal preparation, donation pickups, and other daily center activities.
- Schedule food/donation pickups within the community and act as point of contact for partnering agencies.
- Welcome and orient volunteers at the beginning of their volunteer shift to review client boundaries, expectations, confidentiality, and volunteer policies. Conduct volunteer orientations for program volunteers as needed.
- Maintain the kitchen in the absence or in addition to the scheduled volunteer groups.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager at the Youth Resource Center when placing volunteers in programs.
- Maintain volunteer data (waivers, hours databases, and more) for each volunteer and group.
- Maintain all necessary logs and reports for partnering agencies.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation with an emphasis on meeting or exceeding volunteer expectations.
- Volunteer coordinator experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Obtain and keep current Utah Food Handlers Permit.
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and cooperate with others.
- Consider alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Ability to lift donations up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no DUI within 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years)
- Comfortable interacting in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Standard schedule is four 10-hour days including one weekend shift.
- Vacation coverage for team members required as scheduled.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.