|Title:||Youth Therapist (CSW/ACMHC) - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Youth TherapistPay: $47,000 - $50,000 depending on experience and licensure status - benefits eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Salt Lake City, Utah
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
You will provide direct and indirect outpatient therapy services at Volunteers of America, Utah’s Youth Resource Center to youth ages 15-22 experiencing homelessness and mental health conditions. The Youth Resource Center is a refuge for youth that have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults. Our Youth Therapist will perform crisis interventions with youth accessing services at the Youth Resource Center and will assist with clinical program development and community networking as needed. Supervision provided for therapists working toward licensure. This position can be full time or part time.
- Perform intake evaluations/assessments, formulate client diagnoses, and provide individual, couple, and group therapy services.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide case management services to clients in order to plan, coordinate, cooperate or deliver ancillary services necessary for the effective treatment of clients.
- Develop and maintain satisfactory work habits with respect to timeliness, judgment, cooperation, communication, responsibility and computer literacy.
- Develop and maintain effective therapeutic alliance with clients, including conceptualizing and fostering effective therapeutic process.
- Maintain clinical records, record daily service, and develop and update treatment plans as indicated by agency policies and procedures.
- Attend weekly staff meeting, providing updates and guidance to frontline staff on how to work with youth experiencing mental illness.
- Master’s degree in social work or clinical mental health counseling with full licensure or certified to work towards licensure.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and cooperates with others
- Open and willing to learn, teachable.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Take action and make decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Consider alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Protect the safety of all information handled.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.