|Title:||Program Director - Youth Resource Center - Paid|
|Department:||Youth Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Program Director - Youth Resource Center
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible position.
Pay: $57,000 to $60,000 DOQ
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Administrative responsibilities for the operational success of the Youth Resource Center (YRC). This will include assisting in the development of 24/7 programming, and development of programming related to the provision of overnight emergency shelter for youth ages 15-22. The Director ensures that these programs are run in compliance with contract commitments and in line with VOA mission and policy. With the oversight of the Division Director, oversees all program operations including: staffing, budget management, community relations with funders, compliance with state, federal and county requirements and program development. Works with the Division Director to facilitate all program development and human resources decisions. With the VP of Development, supports grant process as subject matter expert and facilitates tours for community visitors. More information can be found at https://www.voaut.org/mission-facilities
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services that focuses on ending youth homelessness and work with the Division Director and YRC staff to create pathways and partnerships to needed services to support youth.
- Ensure all services that are provided are tied to evidence-based principles or best practices for helping youth overcome homelessness and trauma-informed care.
- Hire, train and orient direct reports as well as provide oversight of initial and ongoing training for all staff.
- Assist in budget development and monitor the appropriate utilization of grants to meet program outcomes and maintain programs within licensing standards.
- Create and maintain a strong collaborative culture within staff, teams, and divisions. Model behavior that is consistent with, and supportive of the mission and values of the organization.
- Assist Program Manager in developing robust programming for seven days per week drop-in and shelter services.
- Support fund raising efforts of the agency by attending and/or contributing to the success of special events.
- Attend meetings with providers, community organizations, and any other organizations whose services impact YRC clients.
- Facilitate the supervision of staff interactions with clients through the management of the Program manager and assists in hiring as necessary.
- Assist in development of policies and procedures around the provision of overnight emergency shelter for youth experiencing homelessness ages 15-22.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness; preferably at-risk, homeless, or runaway youth.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and pertinent skills.
- Supervisory and administrative experience in a social services setting.
- Budget management and development experience.
- Program development in a community setting.
- Knowledge of mental health practices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the delivery of services to youth experiencing homelessness in a community setting, with special emphasis on adolescent development.
- Knowledge and understanding of Trauma Informed Care principles.
- Ability to interact with clients by demonstrating genuine empathy, concern and understanding of clients and their difficulties while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Meet VOA Utah Auto Insurance Driver Eligibility Criteria (must be 21 years old or older) and possess or obtain a Utah Driver License within 60 days of hire.
- Knowledge of anti-discrimination procedures that result in non-discriminatory actions in the hiring process.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.