|Title:||Homeless Housing and Benefits Case Manager - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Housing and Benefits Case Manager
Schedule: Full Time, benefits eligible
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position provides a link between individuals experiencing homelessness and housing and benefit opportunities.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on confidentiality.
- Maintain positive, professional interactions with community resources including: Homeless Resource Center staff, emergency services, fire, police and sheriff, criminal justice, staff from other community providers, neighborhood residents and businesses, client family members, agency donors, community support groups and referral sources.
- Provide housing case management and benefit assistance services to clients experiencing homelessness.
- Work with the team to identify clients in need of benefits assistance, meeting clients in the community to help apply for and navigate benefits processes.
- Work closely with the Center for Women and Children and the Adult Detox center to identify and assist clients in need of housing resources.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case reviews in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Participate in interagency case consultation as necessary, while adhering to agency’s confidentiality policy.
- Assess client needs utilizing appropriate agency-approved assessment tools.
- Attend community housing meetings as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Attends work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency’s training module on verbal de-escalation.
- Ensure that client files and related paperwork are maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements. Complete all client related paperwork and tracking accurately and timely.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs in use by VOA
- Ability to drive company vehicle; possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Ability to establish appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on Confidentiality
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to remain calm and responds appropriately crises.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time. Walk up and down stairs.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.