|Title:||Vaccine Coordinator - CARES Team - Paid|
|Department:||Homeless Outreach Program|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Covid-19 Vaccine Coordinator - CARES Team
Schedule: Full Time, benefits eligible - Temporary position, placement into another role is likely but not guaranteed.
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Vaccination Coordinator will work within the Homeless Outreach Program to coordinate Covid-19 vaccination efforts for those who are currently experiencing homelessness. This will include working closely with local health care providers, organizing pop-up vaccinations events, overseeing data collection and documentation, completing grant reports, and providing direct supervision to three other team members.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and data collection, including a high level of competence with MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to use motivation strategies to increase productivity and enhance teamwork for supervised employees.
- Ability to effectively organize and structure programs.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of COVID-19 policies and procedures
- Oversees vaccination planning and implementation.
- Coordinates with COVID-19 vaccination clinics and overseas patient flow, operations, and communications.
- Assess unmet needs and barriers to vaccinating those who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
- Prepare and maintain required vaccination tracking; Oversee and input data entry for all vaccination records.
- Works with local health care providers to plan and organize vaccination events.
- Provides scientifically accurate information about COVID-19 vaccines to the team, clients, and community.
- Assists multiple agency programs with access to vaccination resources and event coordination.
- Ensures that the work plans align with the short-term and long-term mass vaccination plans and objectives as well as goals and objectives of the COVID-19 Grant.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Supervise and oversee the daily tasks of a team of three people.
- Strong clerical and record-keeping skills, including the ability to accurately compile, verify, and interpret statistical data.
- Ability to effectively organize work, determine priorities, make independent decisions, and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present reports in a clear, concise and competent manner.
- Collaborative approach to projects, events, and ideas.
- Ability to effectively access and utilize Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, spreadsheet, database software and other systems and equipment, and to learn new software as it is required.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with government entities, clients, co-workers, health care providers, physicians, and the community.
- Attends work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a computer, phone, and copy machine.
- Ability to answer and direct phone calls.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Considers alternative and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility to respond to changes.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.