|Title:||Billing Manager - Healthcare - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible.
Pay: $55,000 - $60,000
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $23,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrues hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Billing Manager leads the billing and insurance functions at Volunteers of America, Utah. The position requires great team management and communication skills, as well as the ability to problem solve with little direction. The Billing Manager is expected to have exceptional time management skills, organization skills and the ability to work closely with leadership, clinicians, and other departments.
The Manager leads the Billing department staff and ensures the team has effective operations, systems, and policies/procedures to effectively guide team performance.
- Identify reimbursement and claim issues, ensuring that claims, payments, denials, and appeals are efficiently processed, and billing-related issues are resolved efficiently and timely.
- Insure timely submission of reports for month end reporting. Work with the accounting team on reconciliations and accurate financial reporting of billing activities.
- Work closely with front office and program managers to ensure ongoing client eligibility for services including Medicaid, commercial insurance, county sources and grant funding sources.
- With front office and clinical managers develop and maintain effective authorization and client payment processes and assist staff with these processes to ensure timely payment for services.
- Understand and educate staff and clinicians on payer rules, regulations, and guidelines to ensure ethical and compliant standards.
- Lead regular staff meetings to promote teamwork, sustain an aligned and energized work force, promote communication, and provide team direction for effective operations, systems and policies and procedures.
- Hire and train the billing team. Manage staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Respond to billing inquiries from payers, clients, providers, and staff in a timely manner.
- Promote an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Communicate regularly with partner agencies and insurers to resolve issues. Attend internal and external meetings as required.
- At least five years of proven healthcare billing experience in all payor sources including: Third Party Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and Client Pay. Bachelor’s degree preferred in business or healthcare management.
- Solid knowledge of billing operations including best practices regarding workflow, quality monitoring, and training to lead a team to maximize cash performance & receivables management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to identify key areas for process development and improvement with cross functional teams (e.g., front office, clinical, financial operations) that affect the revenue cycle.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and flexibility to positively embrace change.
- Must be dependable, honest, compassionate individual to work with our clients, providers, and staff.
- Excellent computer, technology, and online application skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with electronic health record systems preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Work in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.