|Title:||Volunteer Engagement Specialist - Detox Program - Paid|
|Department:||Men's Adult Detoxification|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteer Engagement Specialist - Detoxification ProgramSchedule: Full time, benefits-eligible
Pay: $18 / hr
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
To effectively engage and coordinate volunteers and maintain community/agency relationships while helping manage the in-kind donation program. Under the direction of the Volunteer Engagement Manager, work in cooperation with program staff at an assigned facility with other Volunteer Engagement and External Relations teams.
- Develop positive relationships with center volunteers and respond to volunteer inquiries for the agency by the end of the next scheduled shift.
- Conduct center volunteers' "meet and greets" and tours when requested.
- Schedule volunteers for meal preparation, donation pickups, and other daily center activities.
- Maintain donation organization in the facility and pick up donations from VOA donation rooms.
- Welcome and orient volunteers at the beginning of their volunteer shift to review client boundaries, expectations, confidentiality, and volunteer policies. Conduct volunteer orientations for program volunteers as needed.
- Support meal service in the kitchen in the absence or in addition to the scheduled volunteer groups.
- Be supportive of food/donation pickups within the community by communicating with the lead kitchen coordinator.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager at the Adult Detox Center when placing volunteers in programs.
- Maintain volunteer management data in Volgistics database,
- Maintain volunteer opportunities by proactively communicating with volunteers.
- Maintain necessary reports for partnering agencies.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation emphasizing meeting or exceeding volunteer expectations.
- Volunteer coordinator experience preferred.
- Obtain and keep a current Utah Food Handlers Permit
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and cooperate with others.
- Consider alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Ability to lift donations up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (no DUI within five years, no more than three moving violations in the past three years)
- Comfortable interacting professionally with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.