|Title:||Director of Marketing and Communications - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Director of Marketing and CommunicationsSchedule: Full Time, typically Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends for media
Pay: DOE - Exempt, benefits-eligible (see below for information)
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Marketing and Communications Director is a key member of VOA Utah’s External Relations team, overseeing brand, strategic marketing and communications strategies, fund raising efforts, special event planning, and volunteer engagement efforts. The Director of Marketing and Communications will take a lead role in leading the organization's marketing, communications, public relations and advocacy efforts in alignment with VOA Utah’s mission, priorities and strategic plan in order to generate awareness in and support of VOA Utah. This person will prepare communications for the organization and individual departments to maintain a positive image and to ensure a consistent brand identity and message. Within VOA Utah, the position has primary working relationships with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Executive Officer, the senior management team, Division/Department Directors and the Development Team. Outside the agency, the position coordinates primarily with the media, donors, and other agencies as assigned. Additionally, this position is tasked to increase the visibility and awareness of Volunteers of America, Utah’s Family Counseling Center (FCC) and Cornerstone Counseling Center’s behavioral health products and maximize sales growth by increasing private insurance clientele. Working closely with the leadership at the FCC and Cornerstone, the Director of Marketing and Communications will identify new tools and trends that will streamline referral processes and allow VOA behavioral health services to be on the cutting edge of industry best practices and marketing trends. Acting as the VOA sales and outreach representative, this person builds positive relationships with medical professionals to influence their decision making process in selecting VOA Utah behavioral health clinics for their medical clients.
- In close collaboration with colleagues across the organization, align marketing and communications strategies to support the VOA mission, develop and execute internal and external communications vehicles to create momentum and awareness of the organization, programs, and fundraising special events.
- Create messages and talking points for use in internal and external communications with a goal of increasing brand awareness, clients, donors and volunteers; also responsible for ensuring consistent VOA brand management and messaging.
- Serve as first point of contact with the media; cultivate, build and maintain positive relationships with the media; develop and pitch newsworthy stories on VOA Utah initiatives, programs, partnerships and events; coordinate media opportunities with staff and clients.
- Write and edit press releases, newsletter articles, grants, sponsor proposals, programs, award nominations, speeches, presentations, and other content as required.
- Provide agency and product information to prospective physicians, counselors/clinics, religious and other non-profit agencies using effective outside sales skills to influence referrals; assist in the creation of creative and innovative sales publications and campaigns to drive insurance referrals and sales.
- Execute leads, develop new patients to agency, meet revenue goals determined annually; monitor goals with referral tracking process, maintain accurate sales, and customer records; keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, work plans, and annual territory/customer analyses.(timing of said reports are determined by the supervisor)
- Research, monitor and analyze data, market conditions, competition to identify and/or maintain competitive advantage by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, programs and services, and recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Working closely with VOA Clinical Directors and using best practices, establish processes to maintain quality control of services offered at both behavioral health clinics.
- Oversee maintenance of website and social media including writing content updates; develop and maintain editorial calendar; ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, press releases) is posted regularly, is accurate, relevant, compelling and is tandem with current events, and effective to increasing business.
- Register and attend health fairs, medical conferences, etc. to promote brand awareness; create and attend multiple health related functions to create private insurance leads.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Attends work on a predictable basis, understanding that nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Three or more years of experience in a communication, marketing, and public relations setting, preferably in a non-profit organization. Technical sales or relevant field or 4 years of medical sales, pharmaceutical sales or general sales experience required.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in creating and implementing multi-channel communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience and established working relationships with professional media associations and individuals. Knowledge of Salt Lake City area media a plus.
- Proficiency in use of computer programs including Office 365, email management programs, graphics presentation programs and Adobe Suite.
- Knowledge of website development and maintenance.
- Experience in all aspects of social media.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and design skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Driver’s license required
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Be able to work in an outside of a standard office environment such as program facilities, trade shows, events, and outdoor areas where noise, temperatures and terrain may fluctuate.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.