|Title:||Vaccine Tracker - CARES Team - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Covid-19 Vaccine Tracker - CARES Team
Schedule: Full Time, benefits eligible - Position Ends April 2022
Pay Rate: $16/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Vaccination Tracker will work within the Homeless Outreach Program to coordinate Covid-19 vaccinations for those who are currently experiencing homelessness. This will include working closely with the teams Vaccine Coordinator to locate and transport individuals who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness to local health care providers for vaccination. Vaccine trackers will assist with vaccine education, participation in pop-up vaccinations events, data collection, documentation, and general homeless outreach.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on confidentiality.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings in order to ensure appropriate case planning.
- Outreach to known and assigned areas where people experiencing homelessness tend to frequent and initiate contact with them to educate and assess needs for Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Participate in vaccination planning and implementation.
- Coordinates with COVID-19 vaccination clinics about client vaccination needs.
- Provide scientifically accurate information about COVID-19 vaccines to clients and the community.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is properly completed, managed confidentially, stored in an appropriate location, and submit in a timely manner.
- Assess medical emergencies, contact emergency medical, and utilize Naloxone kits when appropriate. Complete an incident report on all emergency or critical incidents by the end of each shift.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with government entities, clients, co-workers, health care providers, physicians, and the community.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and seek supervision for case consultations as needed.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency’s training module on verbal de-escalation.
- Manage purchase receipts and submit them in a timely manner.
- Assess and report unmet needs and barriers to vaccinating those who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
- Provide safe transportation for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a computer, phone, and copy machine.
- Ability to answer and direct phone calls.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Considers alternative and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility to respond to changes.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.