|Title:||Food Service Assistant - Paid|
|Department:||Men's Adult Detoxification|
Food Service Assistant - Detoxification Services at Recovery on Redwood
Pay: $17 per hour
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $20,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee AssistanceProgram for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
To assist in various capacities in the Volunteers of America Utah, Detoxification Services food preparation and service operations.
In coordination with the Food Service Manager and Food Service Coordinator:
- Maintain and clean work area and follow food safety procedures. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Wash dishes, pots and pans
- Stack dishes, cups, and silverware
- Remove trash
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Perform deep cleaning as scheduled and as necessary.
- Set up and maintain food items
- Check and record food temperatures at required intervals
- Maintain cleanliness and follow proper food safety protocol and procedures
- Know how to safely operate and properly clean machines/appliances in kitchen. At the completion of each task, working area should be cleaned and all food and equipment should be brought to their respective areas.
- Serve food in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Assist with training/supervising client helpers.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
The position has some physical demands such as:
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and twist.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods if necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- A solid understanding of sanitation and safety procedures.
- Ability to operate appropriate equipment.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED and Food Handlers permit. Must have some experience in food service work, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities, including but not limited to:
- Ability to follow food safety, safety, and sanitation procedures.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Remain calm and respond appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Regularly lift up to 50lbs
Submit your resume and cover letter on our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.