|Title:||Youth Community Health Navigator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Youth Community Health NavigatorSchedule: Full time, benefits-eligible! Monday through Friday 8am-5pm but will require flexibility based on client and program needs.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
You will be based out of the Youth Resource Center; a refuge for youth ages 15-22 experiencing homelessness, mental health conditions, and extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and who benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults.
Provide initiation and coordination of youth accessing services to community health. This position maintains relationships with community healthcare providers and connects youth to the appropriate referral.
- Maintain relationships with community health providers.
- Build rapport with youth to create safety.
- Coordinate healthcare services for youth in need. Transportation to appointments, follow-up care and medication pick up may be needed on an individualized basis.
- Completes updated records on services needed and provided.
- Coordinates with other teams to ensure highest possible care is provided.
- Creates opportunities for community partners to provide services at the Youth Resource Center to engage youth where they are.
- Must have or be able to achieve State Certification for Community Health Worker.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
Experience in the social services or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- One year of adolescent and/or healthcare experience preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of Trauma Informed Care, Youth Development Model and Motivational Interviewing.
- Demonstrates an ability to act and use sound judgment within the scope of the position responsibilities.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, co-workers and community partners.
- Independently organizes, prioritizes and accomplishes multiple tasks.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.