|Title:||Homeless Outreach Supervisor - CARES Team|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Outreach Supervisor - CARES Team
Rate of pay: $19/hr
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
This position assists the Director in providing daily program oversight including management of program staff and provides outreach case management services including housing and benefits assistance to unsheltered individuals and/or families in Salt Lake City. Assist the Director to ensure that the program is working in accordance to agency and contract standards. Provide community trainings and work to engage the community in productive conversations around homelessness and related issues.
- Provide training for staff on best practices in working with unsheltered and homeless population, community triage and housing process and access and referral to community resources to further the goal of making homelessness brief, rare and non-reoccurring.
- Supervision of outreach case managers and additional program staff as assigned up to about 8 direct reports.
- Continuously monitor homeless services program strategies and work with the Program Director to ensure service delivery is effective and that clients are progressing towards safe and stable housing options or shelter services.
- Maintain a small case management case load, assisting clients with necessary supportive services, including medical, housing, benefits, mental health, and employment services.
- Interview applicants for open positions. Provide regularly scheduled individual supervision, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes with direct reports.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with service providers, community and government partners and other stake holders to support, assist with homeless population linkage to services.
- Oversee and/or participate in crisis intervention services.
- Evaluate unsheltered individuals for appropriate linkage to housing, health and other resources to help resolve homelessness and referrals to community partners.
- Work with team to ensure data collection is accurate and timely and assist with completing grant reports.
- Collaborate with Program Director to provide community education, training, and problem solving around homelessness issues in Salt Lake City.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Direct experience with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- 2 years supervisory and administrative experience in a human service setting.
- A Bachelor’s degree, in a social services field preferred or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs used by VOA.
- Knowledge and understanding of Motivational Interviewing techniques, Stages of Change models, Trauma Informed Care principles preferred.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to interact with clients and staff by demonstrating genuine empathy, concern and understanding of their experience while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with community members, governing officials, and community partners.
- Ability to perform outreach in extreme weather conditions, including summer heat and winter snow; be willing and able to perform outreach on foot approximately five miles per day while wearing a backpack with supplies. Must be able to lift 25 Ibs.
Benefits offered include:
Low cost dental and vision insurance
11 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.