|Treatment Data Specialist
|Salt Lake City, Utah
Treatment Data Specialist
Rate of pay: $20 - $21 / hr
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $22,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Supplemental insurance available.
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. In alignment with our mission, VOA Utah encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. We recognize that a person’s life experiences can provide firsthand knowledge relevant to being successful in the work that we do.
The Treatment Data Specialist will support VOA Utah's mental health and substance use programs by providing training for clinical providers and frontline staff in the use of treatment data systems and will ensure adherence to established processes and ensure data quality by tracking and monitoring data entry..
- Learn and understand required data systems and data requirements related to assigned programs.
- Oversee data entry training for clinical providers, frontline staff, and new hires as appropriate. Provide retraining as needed for front line staff on data entry requirements.
- Create or revise data entry processes based on the needs of the programs and associated funders.
- Update training and training materials as new data standards and processes are implemented.
- Coordinate internal and external reporting needs with program staff and data department.
- Review data quality reports to identify and provide additional training opportunities.
- Implement practices that assist with optimizing accurate and timely data entry into relevant systems.
- Participate in enhancing and implementing data collection and quality control procedures.
- Train data entry staff/volunteers and ensure timely and accurate input of data into assigned systems and other required databases.
- Act as point person for program staff questions regarding data entry and system requirements.
- Act as VOA point of contact for assigned staff to gain access to required systems.
- Maintain electronic and paper filing systems with report documentation.
- Attend work as scheduled and arrive at the designated time.
- Explore options and make recommendations to move the agency towards a paperless environment.
- Assist with data entry and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Participate in internal and external meetings and audits regarding data systems, quality, and access.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Preference will be given to individuals with a working knowledge of Utah Web Infrastructure for Treatment Services (UWITS) or other Electronic Health Record (EHR) platforms.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in human service agencies.
- Excellent database and spreadsheet skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools. Ability to utilize computer software effectively and efficiently to perform all tasks.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, interpret, and report on agency data.
- Exceptional inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- If driving is a part of the job, must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record, and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to pass Utah-DHS – Office of Licensing background screening and pre-employment drug screen.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Requires using a computer for extended periods of time.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.