|Title:||Advanced Practice RN - APRN - Paid|
|Department:||Adult Treatment Services|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Advanced Practice RN
Schedule: Part time
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under clinical supervision, the APRN serves as a fully integrated member of this multi-disciplinary team, providing clinical services to all Treatment Services clients. In coordination with the team psychiatrist, Clinical Director and Division Director, the APRN is responsible for all psychopharmacological services, will participate in coordination with therapists and medical staff and, be available for consultation regarding case planning and progress.
- Assess overall physical and psychiatric health of Treatment Services clients and complete other assessments which are appropriate for the APRN scope of practice.
- Provide psychiatric medication management to Treatment Services clients.
- Facilitate coordination & provision of physical health treatment by collaborating with clients’ physical health providers and making referrals as appropriate.
- Educate clinical staff regarding monitoring psychiatric symptoms and medication side effects.
- Collaborate closely with the treatment teams in cross-team coordination for complex patients.
- Complete Treatment Services program documentation requirements.
- Current Utah APRN license and controlled substance license (Psychiatric/Mental Health NP preferred).
- Current DEA registration.
- Supervisory and administrative experience required.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and provide evidence-based treatments for mental health and substance use disorders.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets.
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness and/or substance use disorders is preferred.
- Experience in working with teams considering characterological structure, defensive organization and adaptation as components of psychiatric and substance use disorders is preferred.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.