|Title:||Homeless Outreach Program Director - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Homeless Outreach Program Director
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible positions.
Full-time benefits: low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth) with a Health Savings Account, low cost dental and vision coverage, $50,000 employer-provided life insurance coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Homeless Outreach Program works to meet the complex and multiple needs of the adult homeless population in Salt Lake City with the goal of helping individuals move from homelessness into stable, affordable housing. This position provides daily management, strategic planning, program and administrative oversight of the development and implementation of services for the Homeless Outreach Program. This position will also ensure that our service focus and resources across all programs are aligned with the agency goals to address and end homelessness.
- Work within appropriate licensing, agency and contract requirements to guide daily program operations and program development.
- Participate in hiring, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary processes. Hold regularly scheduled staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with each staff member.
- Assist in preparing program budgets, participate in monthly budget meetings to follow up on the status of the budget and to assure the program stays within approved budget limits.
- Complete all documentation and appropriate case management and outreach services for clients, as necessary and appropriate.
- Oversee and/or participate in crisis intervention services for clients experiencing homelessness.
- Monitor all maintenance needs of the service site and vehicles and ensure all maintenance issues are addressed.
- Provide oversight so that all client files and related paperwork are maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements. Ensure that all paperwork related to program activities is properly completed, managed confidentiality and stored in appropriate locations.
- Maintain positive working relationships, including representing VOA at meetings, with community entities, partner agencies, volunteers, agency donors, media personnel, client family members, and emergency response services as appropriate.
- Attends work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Participates in and presents in community-based meetings, trainings, and events.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree (preferred) in the field of social services or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Three years of experience in the social services field.
- Two years of supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- One or more years in homeless services preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Exhibits clear communication skills.
- Having a working knowledge of Trauma Informed Care and practices and Motivational Interviewing and incorporate that into programming and staff trainings.
- Cooperates with others and works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and co-workers.
- Proactively expands and integrates knowledge of current and new community resources.
- Protects the safety of all information handled.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.