Detox Recovery Assistant - Paid
|Title:||Detox Recovery Assistant - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Serve Utah's most vulnerable populations while working in our Adult Substance Use Detox facility. Work full-time days, shifts are 8 hours. Opportunities for advancement are available. Great way to gain training and experience in preparation for a social work career.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work together and support coworkers.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Ability to be firm yet compassionate.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Benefits available for full-time positions: Full-time benefits include: paid holidays, vacation and sick time; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; retirement plan with employer match.
$13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour at 3 months with the completion of training; $2 per hour shift differential for graves
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled