|Title:||Coffee Shop Asst. Manager - Paid|
Part-time position assisting in the management of a small cafe (422 W. 900 S.) offering coffee, tea, other beverages, and limited food items. Maud’s Cafe is a for-profit social enterprise under the umbrella of Volunteers of America, Utah; a non-profit agency. The dual mission is to provide a superior experience for our customers and job training for homeless youth.
2. Assist Employment Case Manger to establish an individual training program for each intern.
3. Order supplies, food items and merchandise products, as directed.
4. Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the café.
5. Write and implement operational policies and procedures as requested.
6. Actively contributes to positive team environment
7. Develops positive relationships with café team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
8. Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
1. Progressively responsible retail experience preferably in a coffee setting
2. Experienced as a barista preferred
3. Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment
4. Experience training and supervising employees preferred.
5. Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Strong problem-solving skills and Team-building skills
9. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
10. This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
11. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
12. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
13. Competency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite and Square preferred.
14. Ability to work a flexible schedule based on cafe needs (approximately 15-20 hours per week, including Saturdays)
15. Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
$13-$15 per hour
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled