|Title:||Registered Nurse - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
This position works within Volunteers of America, Utah's Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team. ACT uses a multidisciplinary team approach to provide intensive, integrated services where and when our clients need them—in their homes, at work and in other community settings. Volunteers of America, Utah's ACT Team members directly provide services that are individually tailored with each client and address their specific preferences and goals. The approach with each client emphasizes the relationship building and active involvement in assisting clients to make improvements in functioning, to better manage symptoms, to achieve individual goals and to maintain optimism.
Our Registered Nurse works in conjunction with the team psychiatrist and APRN to organize and manage the system of administering medication; deliver medication administration and medical services; and provide a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Collaborate with the team psychiatrist and APRN to manage the medication system, administer medications and medical services, arrange for required lab work, and complete needed documentation for the management of the medication system.
- Screen and monitor consumers for medical problems/side effects while also educating both consumers and other team members on side effects.
- Communicate and coordinate services with other medical professionals (e.g., pharmacy employees, medication representatives, other treatment providers)
- Collaborate with consumers to develop strategies to maximize the taking of medications as prescribed (e.g., behavioral tailoring, development of individual cues and reminders)
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings
- Complete documentation and meet minimum service time based on ACT requirements
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
- RN license with experience working in inpatient psychiatric settings.
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Vets / Disabled