|Title:||Vocational Rehab/Job Coach - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
This position works within Volunteers of America, Utah's Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team. ACT uses a multidisciplinary team approach to provide intensive, integrated services where and when our clients need them—in their homes, at work and in other community settings. Volunteers of America, Utah's ACT Team members directly provide services that are individually tailored with each client and address their specific preferences and goals. The approach with each client emphasizes the relationship building and active involvement in assisting clients to make improvements in functioning, to better manage symptoms, to achieve individual goals and to maintain optimism.
Our Vocational Specialist provides vocational rehabilitation, job coaching, and benefits services while promoting client independence, informed choice, and self-determination.
- Provide a full range of supported employment services including engagement, vocational assessment, job development, job placement, and job coaching.
- Provide individual vocational support to enable clients to identify vocational strengths, establish related goals, and recognize symptoms of mental illness that interfere with work.
- Assist clients in applying for and maintaining mainstream benefits such as General Assistance, Food Stamps, SSDI.
- Teach and assist with job-seeking efforts such as resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Provide ongoing assessment, problem solving, side-by-side services, skill teaching, support, environmental adaptations to assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention.
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Complete documentation based on ACT requirements.
- Visit clients in their homes.
- Bachelor's degree in vocational rehabilitation, counseling or a related field is required with at least one year of experience providing employment services (e.g. job development, job coaching, supported employment, ACRE certification).
- Knowledge/experience collaborating with community resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and engage them in case management.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with partner agencies.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor with a potentially high distress population.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc..
- Utah Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.