|Title:||Staff Manager - Women's Detox - Paid|
Staff Manager - Center for Women and Children
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30pm, and as-needed to maintain coverage.
Pay Rate: $19/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Rewarding work at a non-profit agency where we are committed to making a difference in the lives of clients. The 32-bed Center for Women & Children (CWC) provides services to homeless and low income women detoxing from various substances. Children under 10 years of age may stay with their mothers. This is a 24-7 facility. Work a variety of days and shifts. Under the supervision of the CWC Program Director, the Staff Manager will:
- assist in creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- hire, train, develop and supervise 15 - 20 front line staff
- evaluate and provide feedback to staff regarding performance
- coordinate the front line staff schedule and find coverage for shifts when necessary
- provide training on trauma informed practices and procedures
- manage difficult client behaviors and ensure safe environment for staff and clients
- train staff to document client activities and ensure all paperwork is completed and stored appropriately.
- arrange and run monthly staff meetings/training to increase skills
- maintain positive relationships with community entities, client family members, agency donors and emergency response services
- ensure staff participate in necessary organization and cleaning of the facility, furnishings, storage, and vehicles
- participate in management on-call rotation
A degree in the field of social services and three years of experience in the social services / treatment services or an equivalent combination of education (Diploma or GED minimum) and experience. One year of supervisory experience desired or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of the needs of the homeless and low income population and experience in substance abuse treatment with this population
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care preferred
- Familiarity with community addiction recovery resources/systems
- Energetic, compassionate yet assertive, positive, organized
- Work a variety of days and shifts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must have a clean driving record (no DUI in the past 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years).
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.