|Title:||Mitigation Case Manager - Outreach - Paid|
|Department:||Homeless Outreach Program|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Mitigation Case Manager - Homeless Outreach
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week - Benefits Eligible!
Pay Rate: $18/hour
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $20,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position provides outreach case management services to unsheltered individuals and/or families around the Geraldine E. King Woman’s resource Center and the Gail Miller Resource Center in Salt Lake City. Additionally, they will work to engage and educate community members on homelessness issues. Objectives will be to create supportive relationships with homeless individuals through street outreach and provide case management support towards individual stabilization and permanent housing. This Case manager will engage in productive conversations with community members helping them to gain a better understanding of homelessness issues and empowering them to participate in resolutions.
- Assist clients in developing goals/service plan that will help them overcome homelessness, identify and address barriers to obtaining/maintaining housing.
- Prioritizes client engagement around the Homeless Resource Centers (HRC) in Salt Lake City, working closely with the Salt Lake City HEART team, HRC operators, and Business and Community Liaisons.
- Identify priority needs, (i.e. pregnant, IV/IM drug user, dual diagnosis, and other medical conditions) and coordinate services as needed.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case reviews in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Provide direct, Trauma Informed Care case management services to clients, including crisis intervention, outreach, ongoing assessments (i.e. VI-SPDAT, SPDAT, Lethality Assessment etc.), goal setting, creative problem solving, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Maintains client records, enters case management notes in the UHMIS system, and collects any statistical data as required, and participate in research and/or special projects as needed, as directed and both timely and consistently.
- Assess medical emergencies, and provides immediate and professional response to any emergency following appropriate policies and procedures. (contacting emergency medical, utilize Naloxone kits, Etc.)
- Maintain a positive working relationship with community partners, team members, community members, business owners, emergency services, PD, and all other community or government stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices.
- Evaluate own performance to increase effectiveness as an Outreach Case Manager.
- Assist clients with moving belongings into housing.
- Assist with community education, training, response, and problem solving around homelessness issues in Salt Lake City.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- A degree in the field of social services or two years’ experience working in the social services field preferred.
- Must be able to qualify and pass Utah Department of Human Services Case Management Certification within 60 days of being hired.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to utilize Trauma Informed practices to act and make sound decisions within the scope of position responsibilities as well as reach out for supervision for major situations.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Ability to move around various buildings and outdoor spaces, and interact with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.