|Title:||Housing Advocate - Women's Homeless Resource Ctr - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
The Women’s Homeless Resource Center will provide emergency shelter and case management services to single women experiencing homelessness in Salt Lake County. The center will recognize and meet the distinctive needs of those at risk and homeless populations including: single women; domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health disorders; individuals who are medically frail/terminally ill [and/or] those exiting prison or jail. All activities will be undertaken with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining housing.
- Provide quality customers’ service to our clients accessing shelter and delivers services with safety, respect and effectiveness.
- Provide clear and specific information to clients regarding expectations, program activities and schedule during their orientation and ongoing as needed.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Also provides immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe facility, identifying and addressing special needs and/or referring needs to supervisor.
- Utilize a trauma informed approach when managing difficult client behaviors by encouraging service through a trauma informed lens.
- Answer phones, greet clients, volunteers, donors, and other visitors in a friendly and professional manner and provides assistance as needed.
- Utilize the onsite supervisor and the on-call system for guidance and support and follow appropriate protocol for covering shifts in the event of illness, vacation, or other time off.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is in accordance with licensing and contract requirements, properly completed, managed confidentially, and stored appropriately.
- Use agency vehicles to complete errands and to provide safe transportation for clients when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent required and 2 years of social services or homelessness-related experience or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate affectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Benefit package includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer match.
Part-Time Days 8:00am-4:30pm
Part-Time Swings 4:00pm-12:30am
Part-Time Graves 12:00am-8:30am
Full-Time Graves 12:00am-8:30am
$14.00 per hour + $2.00 grave shift differential
24/7 facility - 700 So. 131 East, SLC
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled