|Title:||Case Manager - Supportive Housing - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Case Manager - Palmer Court
Schedule: Full Time, benefits eligible
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position is the result of a collaboration between Volunteers of America, Utah and The Road Home. Palmer Court is a permanent supportive housing development for individuals and families who have moved out of homelessness. Residents work closely with on-site case managers, including this position, to access on-site supportive services and direct case management. You will have the opportunity to provide consistent, individualized, and thorough case management services to clients in their immediate living environment. We want reliable, flexible, consistent, and experienced case managers who enjoy and will thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Provide crisis intervention as outlined in the agency’s training module on de-escalation.
- Provide best practice case management to clients, to include crisis intervention, ongoing assessments, goal setting, problem solving, advocating, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Attend weekly staff/staffing meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- In conjunction with each client, develop case plan, referral, and discharge plans as appropriate, in order to establish documented continuity of care and as a bridge to additional services.
- Utilize agency approved therapeutic techniques as outlined in the training module on Motivational Interviewing.
- Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as required and participate in research and/or special projects as needed.
- Conduct regular home visits for clients.
- Assist clients by picking up and delivering food boxes, picking up client medication, attending necessary appointments with them, and attending or support clients in other functions as needed.
- Help clients personal stabilization through the teaching of daily living tasks such as doing laundry, budgeting, and paying bills, etc.
- Work in collaboration with The Road Home and other agencies to address concerns regarding clients residing in Palmer Court.
- Maintain client file in accordance with Volunteers of America, Utah standards, as well as guidelines set forth by The Road Home.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on Confidentiality.
- Provide safe transportation for clients who have accepted referrals or have appointments related to personal stabilization and movement out of homelessness.
- Punctual, attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ability to establish appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Ability to develop and maintain client files.
- Bachelors degree with either SSW or LSAC with one year case management experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work within a shared office space.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs in use by VOA.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to drive company vehicle; possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.