|Title:||Therapist - Detoxification Services - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Therapist - Detoxification ServicesPay: $50,000 - $57,500/yr depending on licensure (benefits-eligible).
Schedule: Typically Monday-Friday, days. Work is performed in-person at our detoxification facilities.
- Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
- Low cost dental and vision coverage
- $50,000 life insurance coverage
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Employee referral program including paid time off and cash bonuses
- A great work environment with knowledgeable, caring leadership and daily growth opportunities
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This therapist will provide direct and indirect clinical services to clients at our Detoxification Services programs (Men's Adult Detoxification and the Center for Women and Children). Direct services include assessments, treatment planning, individual counseling, group counseling, crisis intervention, and other related services as necessary. Indirect service includes supervision, staff meetings, and all paperwork associated with client care. Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center is a 24/7 social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. The Center for Women and Children (CWC) in Murray is a social model detoxification facility that provides a safe place to stay for women withdrawing from alcohol or drugs. During their stay women will have the opportunity to meet with a case manager to discuss their eligibility for substance abuse treatment, as well as get connected to other needed resources.
- Perform assessments, formulate client diagnoses, and provide individual and group therapy services.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals as needed. This means responding to crisis calls and/or clients who enter the program in crisis even if these are not clients assigned to your caseload.
- Work in collaboration with the Program Directors and case management teams to address crisis and behavioral concerns and provide clinical guidance.
- Work with the client’s case manager to plan, coordinate, cooperate or deliver ancillary services necessary for the effective treatment of clients.
- Participate in clinical staffing weekly and decision making for Detox and Center for Women and Children.
- Complete all documentation of services and meetings and meet all contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective therapeutic alliance with clients, including conceptualizing and fostering effective therapeutic process.
- Maintain clinical records, record service, and develop and update treatment plans as indicated by agency policies and procedures, submit and track authorizations/re-authorizations for funding.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and Utah licensure as a mental health therapist (or eligibility for Utah licensure within 2 years of date of hire).
- Possess an active/current licensure status and remain in good standing with the Department of Professional Licensing.
- Work is performed in-person at an office at our detoxification facilities.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.