Case Manager (CARES Team)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Case Manager - CARES Team
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30-5pm, with occasional nights, evenings, and weekends required for events. This is a time limited position that is scheduled to end August 2022.
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position provides outreach case management services to unsheltered individuals and/or families in Salt Lake City to support them in moving towards individual stabilization and permanent housing. Work to engage and educate community members on homelessness issues and empowering them to participate in resolutions.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on confidentiality.
- Maintain positive, professional interactions with community resources including: Homeless Resource Center staff, emergency services, fire, police and sheriff, criminal justice, staff from other community providers, neighborhood residents and businesses, client family members, agency donors, community support groups and referral sources.
- Helps to facilitate and transport clients to vaccination appointments.
- Provide scientifically accurate information about COVID-19 vaccines to clients and the community.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical case reviews, and/or interagency case consultations to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Assist clients with necessary supportive services, including medical, housing, benefits, mental health, and employment services.
- Assess client needs utilizing the SPDAT vulnerability assessment tool, or other tools as directed, on a regular basis to track client progress and assist in clients accessing emergency shelter and/ or housing.
- Assess medical emergencies, contact emergency medical, and utilize Naloxone kits when appropriate. Complete an incident report on all emergency or critical incidents by the end of each shift.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency’s training module on verbal de-escalation.
- Ensure that client files and related paperwork are maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements. Complete all client related paperwork and tracking accurately and timely.
- Work with team on community education, training, response, and problem solving around homelessness issues in Salt Lake City.
- Direct experience with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- 2 years work experience in human services setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs used by VOA.
- Ability to establish appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, coworkers, neighborhood partners and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes and responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Ability to work with clients regardless of age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and/or sexual orientation, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with community members, governing officials, and community partners.
- Ability to perform outreach in extreme weather conditions, including summer heat and winter snow; be willing and able to perform outreach on foot approximately five miles per day while wearing a backpack with supplies.
- Must be able to lift 25 Ibs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver's license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: