Data Quality Specialist - Paid
Women's Resource Center
Salt Lake City, Utah
Data Quality Specialist - Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)Schedule: Full time, benefits-eligible! Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm.
Pay: $19.00 /hr
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $19,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Data Quality Specialist will lead Volunteers of America, Utah’s Homeless programs in establishing and maintaining data quality. For the Women’s Resource Center this will include leading data and outcome initiatives. For our additional Homeless Programs utilizing HMIS (Center for Women and Children, Homeless Outreach Program, and the Youth Resource Center) this will include running data quality reports and leading data clean up initiatives to ensure accurate and timely data is being entered into HMIS. Duties for all Homeless Service Programs will include an assessment of how well the programs are meeting HUD data quality standards and maintaining, as well as improving, data collection processes.
- Develop, prepare, analyze, and present internal reports on a timely basis for program use.
- Analyze reports to validate data and to identify fluctuations from expected results. Research variances and review with programs to validate and correct as necessary.
- Review reporting requirements of all resource center funding sources to ensure that adequate data is being collected to fulfill reporting requirements. Work with resource center to update and develop forms and processes as needed.
- Oversee the training and implementation of HMIS for frontline staff.
- Participate in enhancing and implementing quality control procedures regarding the processes of the services offered.
- Implement practices that assist with optimizing accurate and timely data entry into HMIS.
- Review data being entered into HMIS and correct data errors.
- Efficiently navigate the HMIS database system and ensure timely and accurate input of data in these and other databases.
- Become familiar with and maintain a working knowledge of agency’s programs and activities.
- Maintain organized electronic and paper filing systems with report documentation.
- Attend work on a punctual and predictable basis.
- Some college or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two years’ experience with a focus on data analysis, data integrity and maintenance, reporting, data enrichment, and program tracking or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Preference will be given to individuals with a working knowledge of Utah’s Homelessness Management Information System, Client Track.
- Excellent database and spreadsheet skills. Ability to utilize computer software effectively and efficiently to perform all tasks.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, interpret, and report on agency data. Knowledge of how agency programs work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Excel.
- Results-oriented, team player, collaborative and self-motivated.
- Natural curiosity with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce and outside agencies.
- Ability to interact with staff and clients from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities and interact with programs with a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mindset.
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with attention to detail.
- Exceptional inter-personal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, negotiate, address issues with diplomacy, and work within the boundaries of the position through collaboration.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and make decisions within scope of job responsibilities.
- Use computer screen for extended periods.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: