|Title:||Homeless Outreach Care Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Homeless Outreach Care Coordinator
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week
Pay Rate: $14.50/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Our Outreach Care Coordinator provides outreach services to unsheltered individuals and families in order to connect them with supportive services in order to create a safe, nurturing environment that will offer stabilization, encourage self-sufficiency and independence, provide basic services and connect clients to long-term supportive services. .The goal is to decrease Salt Lake's unsheltered population and connect individuals with safe and stable housing. You will respond to community concerns, assist with community education, and problem solve around issues related to homelessness. Outreach Care Coordinators also maintain positive, professional interactions with community resources such as our Homeless Resource Center staff, emergency services and first responders, other community providers, neighborhood residents and businesses, and more.
- With outreach team members, patrol areas where people experiencing homelessness tend to frequent and initiate contact with them to learn what their needs are.
- Provide clients with basic needs services.
- Connect clients to supportive services, such as medical, housing, and basic needs resources.
- Identify and refer clients to Case Management when appropriate.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is properly completed, managed confidentially and stored in an appropriate location and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assess medical emergencies, contact emergency medical, and utilize Naloxone kits when appropriate. Complete an incident report on all emergency or critical incidents by the end of each shift.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and case consultations as needed.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency’s training module on verbal de-escalation.
- Manage purchase receipts and submit them in a timely manner.
- Learn and utilize software programs in use by VOA.
- Establish and maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- One to two years experience in a social services field, an Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field preferred, or a combination.
- Prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Work with clients regardless of age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and/or sexual orientation, etc.
- Work in a team environment.
- Work in a professional manner with community members, governing officials, and community partners.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions, including summer heat and winter snow; be willing and able to perform outreach on foot approximately five miles per day while wearing a backpack with supplies. Must be able to lift 25 Ibs.
- Ability to drive company vehicle; possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.