|Title:||Marketing & Communications Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Marketing & Communications CoordinatorSchedule: Full Time, typically Monday-Friday with occasional evenings and weekends - benefits-eligible.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
To help increase public awareness and donor support for VOAUT through communications, donor engagement, special events, volunteer activities, marketing and communications, and other development activities. To identify new tools and marketing trends to keep up to date on social media best practices. To produce visually-rich communications for the organization and individual departments to maintain a positive image as well as meet fundraising goals; ensure a consistent brand identity and message. Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Director, the position works closely with the Development Principal, the Marketing Coordinator, Chief Development Officer, and other staff as assigned assisting in each respective area.
- Assist with the creation and graphic design of department communications (print and digital—press releases, stories, newsletters, cards and invitations, website, and social media, etc.).
- Assist with video production and photographic efforts.
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of web and social media platforms.
- Monitor social media efforts to grow engagement across all channels to increase revenue and community engagement.
- Assist with community presentations, booths, and tours.
- Assist with all special events, fundraising events, and other fund development activities as necessary.
- Maintain department storage space and public relations materials and bins.
- Be available to work assigned hours, as well as flexing for occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis as assigned.
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Either a bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications, technical sales, or other relevant field, or 2 years of comparable professional experience; marketing experience preferred.
- Required: proficiency with MS Office, social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite. Preferred: familiarity with Canva, Buffer, Constant Contact or Mailchimp, basic website functionality similar to WordPress.
- High proficiency in graphic design and basic video creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize projects.
- Comfortable interacting in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time. Walk up and down stairs and be able to lift 20-25 pounds and maneuver special event equipment via carts etc.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.