Food Service Assistant - Part Time - Paid
|Title:||Food Service Assistant - Part Time - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Food Service and Kitchen AssistantSchedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Pay rate: $16 per hour
Benefits: Employee Assistant Program through Intermountain Healthcare, 403(b) Retirement Plan, opportunities for advancement and learning
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center exists to meet the needs of women experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, and connection to services and resources. Our Food Service Assistants help run the kitchen facilities at the Women's Resource Center. We serve three meals daily for approximately 200 clients, 365 days a year, and you will get to regularly interact with clients, staff, and our dedicated volunteers! Success in this job takes kitchen skills, empathy, the ability to hold boundaries with clients and volunteers, and reliability. Food Service Assistants help our Food Service Coordinator and Volunteer Engagement Specialists with food preparation and service while practicing proper food handling and maintaining safe and clean conditions in the kitchen.
- Assist in serving three meals and two snacks per day.
- Serve meals at daily scheduled times.
- Maintain kitchen, food storage, equipment in working order and to Health Department standards.
- Report any kitchen upkeep needs to Food Service Coordinator or Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- Operate, maintain dishwashers and complete washing of dishes and flatware.
- Prepare eating areas for meal times and clean up.
- Pickup and organize all food orders, deliveries and donations and report supply needs to the Food Service Coordinator.
- Assist Volunteer Engagement Specialist to provide clear direction regarding food services. Facilitate running the kitchen and implement safe food handling practices with volunteers.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Hold a Food Handler’s permit or obtain one upon hire.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- At least one year of experience in a structured kitchen environment.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remain calm and respond appropriately in crises.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to changes.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.