|Title:||Staff and Volunteer Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Staff and Volunteer Coordinator - Adult Men's Detox
Full-time benefits include:
- Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
- Low cost dental and vision coverage
- $50,000 life insurance coverage
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. You will get great experience and training to further a career in social work. Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center is a 24/7 social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. We are looking for people who understand and can maintain professional and ethical boundaries with clients while practicing compassion. The duties of this position include:
- Staff Training
- Work with the Human Resources Department at the Administration Office to onboard new hires and train them in our policies and procedures.
- Schedule and provide initial 40-hour training of Recovery Assistants with assistance from Staff Manager (Your schedule may vary during training).
- Maintain training handbook
- Shift Leadership
- Identify Recovery Assistant training needs and coordinate information with Staff Manager.
- Monitor and determine shift needs on an ongoing basis.
- Attend Management Meeting weekly
- Attend necessary trainings
- Participate in interviews with the Staff Manager.
- Organize volunteers and other groups to aid in client programming and facility maintenance/cleanliness.
- Develop and conduct initial volunteer tours, interviews, orientations and training.
- Coordinate and maintain updated volunteer schedules.
- Act as point of contact for staff and volunteers regarding daily scheduling of volunteers.
- Instruct, train, and work alongside volunteers for different projects.
- Update the Wish List for Detox and make it accessible on the P drive.
- Schedule staff and volunteers for donation pickups, class facilitation, meal preparation, and other daily program activities.
- Record Keeping
- Maintain volunteer paperwork and files as directed.
- Maintain all necessary logs and reports for collaborating agencies as directed.
- Complete all required volunteer reports and submit in a timely manner.
- Community Coordination
- Develop positive relationships with community volunteers.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with VOA’s Development Staff and partner agencies to ensure the procurement of donations and to collaborate on volunteer opportunities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with other agencies.
- Have the ability to attend volunteer meetings as directed.
- Participate in Management On-Call Schedule
- Contribute to an environment of mutual trust and respect by treating others fairly, demonstrating empathy, and effectively managing interpersonal conflict to preserve constructive, professional relationships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a computer, phone, and copy machine.
- Ability to answer and direct phone calls.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Strong leadership and communication skills; attention to detail.
- Considers alternative and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility to respond to changes.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Walk up and down stairs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record (no DUI in the past 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years).
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.