|Title:||Homeless Outreach Case Manager - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Homeless Outreach Case Manager
Schedule: Full Time - 40 hrs/week
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
This position provides outreach case management services to unsheltered individuals and/or families in Salt Lake City. Additionally they will work to engage and educate community members on homelessness issues. Objectives will be to create supportive relationships with homeless individuals through street outreach and provide case management support towards individual stabilization and permanent housing. In addition case management will engage in productive conversations with community members helping them to gain a better understanding of homelessness issues and empowering them to participate in resolutions.
- Provide case management services to clients.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, clinical case reviews, and/or interagency case consultations in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Assist clients with necessary supportive services, including medical, housing, benefits, mental health, and employment services.
- Assess client needs utilizing the SPDAT vulnerability assessment tool, or other tools as directed, on a regular basis to track client progress and assist in clients accessing emergency shelter and/ or housing.
- Assess medical emergencies, contact emergency medical, and utilize Naloxone kits when appropriate. Complete an incident report on all emergency or critical incidents by the end of each shift.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency’s training module on verbal de-escalation.
- Ensure that client files and related paperwork are maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements.
- Manage purchase receipts and submit them in a timely manner.
- Work with team on community education, training, response, and problem solving around homelessness issues in Salt Lake city.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs in use by VOA.
- One year of work experience in a related field, bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination.
- Ability to establish appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, coworkers, neighborhood partners and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes and responds appropriately to crisis situations.
- Ability to drive company vehicle; possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Ability to work with clients regardless of age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and/or sexual orientation, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a professional manner with community members, governing officials, and community partners.
- Ability to perform outreach in extreme weather conditions, including summer heat and winter snow; be willing and able to perform outreach on foot approximately five miles per day while wearing a backpack with supplies. Must be able to lift 50 Ibs.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.