|Title:||Program Assistant - Mental Health|
|Department:||Assertive Community Treatment|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Program Assistant - Assertive Community Treatment
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible
Pay: $17 / hr
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $20,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrues hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Assistant is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and monitoring all nonclinical operations of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team along with providing receptionist activities including triaging calls, coordinating communication between the team and clients, deescalating situations with clients who have increasing symptoms, and providing assistance to clients, their families, and other agencies.
- Greet people and answer phone calls including performing the following:
- Triage and coordinate communication between ACT team members, clients, other agencies, and hospitals.
- Obtain answers to questions for clients, families, community resources, and agencies.
- Relieve urgent situations or temporarily manage them until other staff are available.
- De-escalate or attend to symptomatic behavior of clients who come to the office.
- Decide when and how quickly to refer calls to other staff.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to clinical and medical staff.
- Maintain professional boundaries and client confidentiality at all times.
- Meet ACT documentation requirements.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Familiarity and problem-solving skills to assist and support clients with severe and persistent mental illness and their families.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to work in an environment that at times may be stressful.
- Familiarity with the population we serve and community resources, preferred.
- Experience in an office setting, preferred.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, must sit for extended periods of time.
- Some light lifting, no more than 20 lbs. may be required.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.