Registered Nurse - Mental Health - Paid
|Title:||Registered Nurse - Mental Health - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Registered Nurse - Treatment ServicesSalary: $80,000 / yr - Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, days
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $23,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under the supervision of agency prescribers and Division Director of Treatment Services, the Registered Nurse performs routine administrative and clinical support functions to assist the prescribers including: organize and manage the system of medication management, oversight of appointment utilization, assist clients in tracking their medication, administer injections and collect labs. Link clients and coordinate care to internal specialists and external service providers to support their recovery, health, and wellbeing.
- Act as a support person for the APRNs.
- Manage the APRNs’ appointment schedule to capacity and eliminate no-shows.
- Track clients’ medications and assist in completing patient assistance applications.
- Facilitate medication refills when needed and appropriate. Deliver medications to clients’ homes and provide medication injections when needed.
- Obtain client weight, height, blood pressure at assessment, discharge, and at 6 months intervals (or more frequently under direction of prescribers).
- Screen and monitor consumers for medical problems/side effects while also educating both consumers and other team members on side effects.
- Communicate and coordinate services with other medical professionals (e.g., pharmacy employees, medication representatives, other treatment providers)
- Collaborate with consumers to develop strategies to maximize the taking of medications as prescribed (e.g., behavioral tailoring, development of individual cues and reminders)
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email, as well as the ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters.
- Maintain records according to requirements, completing all documentation and billing in a timely manner, and in compliance with professional standards.
- Maintain professional boundaries and client confidentiality at all times.
- RN license with experience working in inpatient psychiatric settings.
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.