|Title:||Receptionist - Counseling Office - Paid|
Receptionist - Family Counseling Center
Schedule: Full Time - M-Th 10am-6pm, Friday 9am-5pm.
Pay Rate: $15/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Volunteers of America, Utah's Family Counseling Center is located at 650 E 4500 S in Murray, UT. Under the supervision of the Office Coordinator, the Receptionist performs receptionist and clerical support functions including answering phones, scheduling appointments, checking clients in, providing intake information to referral calls, collecting client fees and performing a variety of support functions for Family Counseling Center staff and clinical teams. .
Complete receptionist and clerical duties including:
- Create a safe and welcoming environment by greeting clients and visitors while maintaining a friendly, calm presence. Direct clients/visitors to appropriate personnel. May also assist in the de-escalation of clients if a situation arises that warrants it.
- Collect client copays and record them in database. Maintain log of payments and reconcile receipt register.
- Assist billing staff in keeping accurate records of insurance coverage, copays, coinsurance, and eligibility for programs.
- Answer incoming phone calls. Provide information to clients. Perform preliminary screening and transfer calls accordingly. If applicable, refer out to appropriate agencies such as ARS and/or other agencies that offer services we do not provide. Take messages as needed.
- Acclimate clients to check in, program and scheduling procedures, as well as waiting room decorum as appropriate.
- Assist clients in correctly completing needed documentation.
- Process records requests in compliance with HIPAA and 42 CFR part 2 in a timely manner
- Act as information source to clients and therapists.
- Maintain knowledge of daily schedules for groups and individual appointments.
- Act as a support person for clinical teams.
- Maintain professional boundaries and client confidentiality at all times.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of multiple phone line system
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work in an environment that at times may be stressful
- Familiarity with the population we serve and community resources is preferred
- Experience in an office setting is preferred
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, must sit for extended periods of time
- Some light lifting, no more than 25 lbs., may be required
Full-time benefits: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick days; retirement plan with employer match.
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.