|Title:||Youth Advocate - Sun-Wed - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. Interact with youth at the Youth Resource Center to create a safe, nurturing environment that will offer stability, encourage self-sufficiency, and independence. Offer basic services and support to clients. Opportunities for advancement are available.
- Interact with youth and provide them with information on community resources.
- Distribute basic need items and maintain an accurate record of services delivered.
- Resolve conflicts and crisis manage as necessary.
- Enforce the center guidelines for conduct.
- Complete rounds consistently to ensure clients are in appropriate areas
- Complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Cleaning and some meal preparation.
- Move tables, chairs, and sleeping cots.
- Paid or volunteer experience coaching, mentoring or interacting with young adults.
- A degree in psychology, sociology, social work, or a related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with homeless clients, regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
- Basic knowledge of professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Exhibit perseverance and care when clients exhibit behaviors that contribute to continued homelessness.
- Ability to assist with moving cots, dividers, chairs, and tables within the shelter.
- Driver's license with clean driving record required (No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years and no DUI in the last 5 years).
- Must be 21 years of age or older due to auto insurance requirements.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check.
$13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour upon completion of training at 3 months
40 hours per week, 10 hour shifts
Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled