Youth Advocate (Female) - Grave Shift - Paid
|Title:||Youth Advocate (Female) - Grave Shift - Paid|
|Department:||Young Women's Transition Home|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Youth AdvocateSchedule: Sunday-Thursday Grave Shift (Approx 12:00am to 8:30am)
Rate Explanation: $17/hr base, plus $2/hr differential for grave hours worked.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness.
This position is at our Young Women’s Transition Home, a 24 hour/7 days a week program that provides safe shelter for 7 young women, 16-19 years of age. Throughout this 18 month program, staff provide case management, goal setting, groups, and classes that teach critical life skills. Clients receive guidance and structure to help transition from instability and homelessness to reunification with family or independent living. Life skill building, career counseling, educational support and other services are provided in a supportive transition from homelessness to self-sufficiency. Staff also aid clients in their search for stable housing solutions by offering access to services and opportunities to gain the skills, education and employment necessary to become self-sufficient and independent upon exiting the program. We continue to provide services after moving out through our aftercare program to continue to support clients on their journey of success and independent living.
Applicants must be female and interested in working with female teens.
- Use your skills to develop rapport with young women to create a safe, nurturing environment that will offer stabilization, encourage self sufficiency and independence,and provide support to move toward a healthier life style.
- Oversee activities of residents to ensure their: safety; well-being; participation in the program; and compliance with guidelines.
- Engage with clients in an age and gender appropriate fashion.
- Learn, utilize and endorse agency selected clinical techniques, including Motivational Interviewing, Youth Development Approach and Trauma Informed practices.
- Provide education, including, but not limited to community resources; hygiene; harm reduction; self sufficiency and independent living skills; substance abuse and addiction recovery.
- Manage difficult client behaviors by encouraging adherence to expectations.
- Assess medical emergencies, provide CPR and First Aid, and coordinate medical services as needed.
- Ensure safe environment for staff and clients.
- Previous experience with teens, strongly preferred.
- Enjoy working with teens.
- High School diploma or GED
- Prefer one (1) year of experience in social services
- Ability to enforce rules.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Microsoft office skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
- Ability to pass a background screening and drug test.
Low cost medical insurance with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision insurance
11 paid holidays, paid sick and vacation time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral plan with paid time off and cash bonuses
Apply on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.