|Title:||Substance Use Disorder Counselor - ACT Team - Paid|
|Department:||Assertive Community Treatment|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Assertive Community Treatment TherapistPay: $50,000 - benefits eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Salt Lake City, Utah
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a consumer-centered, recovery-oriented mental health service delivery model that has received substantial empirical support for facilitating community living, psychosocial rehabilitation, and recovery for persons who have the most severe disabling mental illnesses; have severe symptoms and impairments; and have not benefited from traditional outpatient programs. ACT clients are high utilizers of crisis services and have a SPMI diagnosis. ACT utilizes a team model, and the team is made up of about 10 staff with different disciplines including therapist, peer support specialist, case manager, vocational specialist, and an APRN for med management. The ACT team provides at least 3 encounters per week per client, by the various disciplines. Our Substance Use Disorder Counselor (SUD-C) functions as a clinical member of the multidisciplinary team, providing substance use and mental health services to severely and persistently mentally ill clients in an outpatient community setting.
- Provide ongoing assessment of clients’ mental illness symptoms and clients’ response to treatment
- Provide direct substance use disorder counseling to clients on an individual, group, and/or family basis in community settings.
- Conduct regular assessment and treatment planning in accordance with contract requirements and ACT fidelity standards. tre
- Develop and maintain effective therapeutic alliance with clients, including conceptualizing and fostering effective therapeutic process.
- Provide practical help and supports, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving, direct assistance training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living
- Provide on-call crisis intervention
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings
- Complete documentation and meet minimum service time based on ACT requirements
- Substance Use Disorder Certification from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and Utah licensure as a Substance Use Disorder Counselor
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with cash bonuses and paid time off
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.