|Title:||Division Director of Adult Homeless Services - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Division Director of Adult Homeless Services
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible position.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Manage the operations of the Adult Homeless Services Division. Oversee all program operations including: staffing, budget management, community relations with funders, adherence to licensure and contract requirements and program development.
- Hire, train and consistently supervise the best possible program management staff, including program managers and directors.
- Maintain quality programming through regular review of program procedures and current best practices. Provide direction and support for consistent client services in accordance with the program policy and procedure manuals and the organization’s mission.
- Assist program management teams in creating and delivering to the highest client outcomes as defined within program contracts and developed by staff.
- Ensure program directors are trained to understand their budgets, have monthly budget meetings with the accounting team and are accountable for them. Ensure that any new funding and grant applications are built to obtain the highest client outcomes.
- Ensure that programs understand their contracts, licensing standards and are accountable for fulfilling all requirements.
- In coordination with the development department and senior agency management, build and maintain external networks related to community collaborations, professional organizations, and agency funders.
- Work with the HR department to attract and retain the highest quality staff, and work with program directors on workplace culture and supports.
- Ensure that clinical supervision takes place consistent with contracts, state rules and scope of practice.
- Provides leadership and direction as a member of the VOA management team and works closely with the Senior Team to further program and agency initiatives and goals.
- Develop and implement programs to meet client needs including those of ethnic minorities.
- Initiate collaborations with community organizations to enhance program services to clients.
- Attend meetings with providers, other community organizations and other organizations whose services impact homeless services clients.
- Identify and address special needs (pregnant, IV/IM users, dual diagnosis, at high risk for in infectious disease) and provide and/or coordinate community services when needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree in social services field and licensure or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Supervisory and administrative experience in a social services setting.
- Program development, budget management and development experience.
- Knowledge of mental health practices and prevention services preferred.
- Experience working with youth and young adults.
- Experience in the field of homeless services and knowledge of community resources, helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with staff from other agencies.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Driver's license and good driving record (no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years or a DUI in the past 5 years.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.