|Youth Rapid Rehousing Case Manager - Paid
|Youth Resource Center
|Salt Lake City, Utah
Rapid Rehousing Case ManagerRate of Pay: $20 / hr
Schedule: Full time, benefits-eligible.
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%)
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. In alignment with our mission, VOA Utah encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. We recognize that a person’s life experiences can provide firsthand knowledge relevant to being successful in the work that we do.
Develop and manage the Youth Rapid Rehousing Program which will provide housing focused case management services to clients served, with the goal of clients quickly transitioning from homelessness to independent and stable living. Also work to develop accessible housing resources and community partnerships to facilitate this purpose.
- Assist in developing Rapid Rehousing Policies and Procedures with Support Services Manager, to include: Vulnerability assessment protocols
- Coordination with youth service providers in the community.
- Data and reports tracking as required by funder.
- Other duties and protocols as assigned.
- Provide case management services to clients.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case review and prioritization meetings in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Assess client needs utilizing appropriate, community approved assessment tools.
- Identify priority needs and coordinate services as needed.
- Utilize agency approved therapeutic techniques as outlined in the training module Motivational Interviewing.
- In conjunction with the client, develop treatment, program/service, referral and/or discharge plans, as appropriate, in order to establish documented, continuity of care and as a bridge to additional services.
- Complete documentation as required within 5 days of services be rendered.
- Attend work as scheduled and arrive at the designated time. Work must be performed on-site due to the need to provide direct client care.
- Develop and/or maintain client case plans and files, as directed and as required by funding.
- Maintain all clients identifying information in the client record.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on Confidentiality.
- Accurately and timely collect all client information for required databases: UWITS, HMIS, RHYMIS, Access, MAUD and any other required databases.
- When appropriate, work with client’s families to move clients into self-sufficiency.
- Maintain housing caseload as assigned by supervisor.
- Conduct at least one home visit per month for each client participating in a housing program.
- Direct case management toward client being self-sufficient within two years of entrance into housing program.
- As directed, facilitate weekly groups at the YRC for housing clients that offer skills and support.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people
- Acts and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- GED or High School Diploma plus applicable documented experience is required for Utah Case Management Certification. A degree in the field of social services and two years’ experience working in the social services field preferred.
- Must be able to qualify and pass Utah Department of Human Services Case Management Certification within 60 days of being hired.
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others and remains calm and responds appropriately in crisis.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- If driving is a part of the job, must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record, and be insurable under the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to pass Utah-DHS – Office of Licensing background screening and pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. May entail using a computer for extended periods of time.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.