|Title:||Youth Employment Case Manager (Coffee Shop) - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Employment Case Manager - Maud's Cafe
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible positions. Typically Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm with some flexibility
Full-time benefits: low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth) with a Health Savings Account, low cost dental and vision coverage, $50,000 employer-provided life insurance coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Our Employment Case Manager will recruit and guide youth from the Youth Resource Center and Transitional Homes to work as interns in a 8-12-week job training program at Maud’s Café. This position is responsible for developing the Intern Training Program in cooperation with the Café General Manager. You will work with Youth Resource Center staff in ensuring interns take advantage of the best services available to them. You will assist the Café General Manager in all aspects of the Café business, public relations (in concert with VOA Utah’s External Relations team) and assure superior customer service. The successful candidate should actively contribute to a positive team environment and have a passion for coffee, training and working with youth experiencing homelessness.
You must be available to work during regular Café business hours or as scheduled by the Café General Manager. Maud’s Café is open Monday- Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturday’s, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. Occasional evenings, weekends and some holidays may be required.
The cafe (422 W. 900 S.) offers coffee, tea, other beverages, and limited food items. Maud’s Cafe is a for-profit social enterprise under the umbrella of Volunteers of America, Utah; a non-profit agency. The dual mission is to provide a superior experience for our customers and job/vocational training for youth experiencing homelessness.
- Recruits interns and guides possible interns through the process of working at Maud’s Café including navigating DWS services and programs, providing transportation to and from appointments, helping attain work attire and assisting with VOA new employee paperwork.
- Assists interns with DWS programs and training, the job search process; and furthering their education/training.
- Consistently motivates, monitors, and coaches interns to reach their goals while maintaining Café quality and consistent product; provides one-on-one coaching for each level of training and working at the pace dictated by the intern’s abilities.
- Creates, implements and evaluates intern training program for applicability to the Café business and changing needs; ensures that interns meet each level of training as assigned.
- Assists interns in navigating the Youth Resource Center services available to help them be self-sufficient.
- Ensures that all data and program outcomes meet standards required by funders and that data collection is updated daily and is accurate.
- Adheres to all Store Operations, Service Delivery, Quality Product and Customer Service Standards and assists Café Manager and Assistants with standards as assigned.
- Works in the Café as an Assistant Manager as scheduled and works side-by-side with the interns during their Café training. Performs opening and closing duties as scheduled
- Actively contributes to a positive team environment and has a passion for coffee and for training and working with youth experiencing homelessness.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in social services completed or actively being pursued.
- Prefer case management experience
- Foodservice experience required.
- Experience training employees preferred.
- Experience in hospitality preferred.
- Must be able to pass food handlers permitting process.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and be insurable on the agency liability policy (no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years and no DUI in the past 5 years).
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.