|Title:||Cafe Manager - Paid|
Manage a new café that offers coffee, tea, other beverages, and prepackaged food items. Maud’s Café is a for-profit social enterprise under the umbrella of Volunteers of America, Utah; a non-profit agency. The dual mission is to provide a superior experience for our customers and job training for homeless youth. The manager will have a key role in designing the café that is scheduled to open in late September.
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to staff. Ensure superior customer service.
- Hire, schedule, and coach staff in conjunction with Youth Resource Center case managers.
- Develop and implement a training program for café staff.
- Responsible for ordering and merchandising of all products.
- Write and implement operational policies and procedures.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to understand and control café sales, food costs, cost of goods, and labor.
- Oversees the cleanliness and safety issues of the café.
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards,
- Previous foodservice experience required.
- Experience training employees is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on cafe needs.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Benefits include: medical, dental, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; retirement plan with employer match.
Hours of operation will be M – SA, 7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Salary: $32,000 – $36,000, based on experience, plus monthly profit sharing.
EOE / Veterans / Disabled